According to Smarter Travel, here are some of the things you should know before visiting the small nation, which is often cited as the happiest in the world:
- Bhutan charges most tourists a $200 to $250 daily fee to visit. The price varies with the travel season.
- Don’t take photos inside sacred place (like the inside of a monastery).
- Bhutan’s weather is notoriously unpredictable.
- Bhutan is at a high altitude.
- When visiting cultural sites and monasteries you will need to have your arms and legs covered to enter.
This page was last updated on 2018.10.09