- Japan (190 countries can be visited without a visa)
- Singapore, South Korea (189)
- Germany, France (188)
- Denmark, Finland, Italy, Sweden (187)
- Luxembourg, Spain (186)
- Austria, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, U.K., U.S. (185)
- Belgium, Canada, Greece, Ireland (184)
- Czech Republic (183)
- Malta (182)
- Australia, Iceland, New Zealand (181)
London-based consulting firm Henley & Partners, using data from the International Air Transport Association, compiles this index of passports that allow visa-free travel.
In the past, this was an annual list, released every January. The list is now being updated every few months.
Since January 2018, Germany has been knocked out of top spot, while both the U,K. and U.S. passports have dropped one place in the rankings.
More at Lonely Planet, Traveller, CNN
This page was last updated on 2019.01.09